Audition Bootcamp for Kids & Teens was created by musical theatre star and Australia’s leading teacher of audition technique for musical theatre, Queenie van de Zandt. Having studied audition technique for over 20 years, Queenie has developed a unique audition practice, that has helped her former students gain lead roles in shows such as School of Rock, Book of Mormon, Come from Away, The Sound of Music, and Matilda, to name just a few. It is this success that has seen her hailed in the press as a ‘musical theatre star-maker’.
Run over 3-jam-packed days, young performers are not only taught Queenie's unique approach to auditions which has seen hundreds of children and adults she’s worked with be cast in musicals, but, like all of our workshops and courses at The Australian Musical Theatre Academy (AMTA), during the workshop they’ll also work with some of Australia’s leading performing and creative artists - the people who create and/or perform in Australia’s most prominent, commercial musicals.
After the workshop, parents will also be sent material to help navigate their child through the professional audition process.
This 3-day intensive workshop is comprehensive and fun with young performers leaving the workshop:
- Having worked with some of Australia’s best musical theatre practitioners
- Having had an experience of what is involved in a professional audition and how they run
- Knowing how to prepare what they need to know to walk into an audition with confidence and ease
- With the edge they need to get the part!
As well as that, at the end of the workshop parents will:
- Have been sent an email with invaluable follow up material, such as Queenie’s e-book: “How to Audition for a Professional Musical”, to help you navigate the logistics of having such a talented youngster
- Have been entertained (and amazed) when you see your talented tyke’s presentation of all they’ve learnt, at the end of the workshop
- Have been able to ask 101 questions of the team as part of the Q & A session at the end of the workshop