Are you an enthusiastic creative with a mind for business? Would you love working in the performing arts industry in a fast paced, ever evolving, creative environment, as part of a small and supportive team? Then join us, in this exciting time of growth!
PART TIME POSITION AVAILABLE
ARTS ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
10 hours per week - Melbourne
We are looking for an honest, motivated, positive, energetic and multi-skilled individual to become an integral part of, and grow alongside, Queenie and her motley band of players that work in her small arts companies - The Australian Musical Theatre Academy (AMTA) and Amazon Woman Enterprises (AWE).
This is NOT a suitable job for a performer looking for some extra income. This is a job for someone wanting to work on the other side and develop a career as a creative producer, with the long-term plan of them running the business component of the companies in the near future.
At AMTA and AWE, we pride ourselves on fostering long-term business and work relationships and are looking for a likeminded individual who wants to invest in these companies with the same passion that we have.
The Arts Administration Assistant will initially take charge of general office duties, database upkeep, internet research, and managing AMTA’s enrolments, workshops and courses. As the company grows we envisage this role will grow with them to help run the companies.
- Managing the planning and preparation of workshops and courses, and coordinating all logistics
- Database development and entry with the MailChimp program
- Creating and managing our online enrolment processes (creating online enrolment forms, newsletters and updating websites) through using Wufoo, MailChimp, Blogger, and PayPal
- Booking workshop venues and tutors
- Liaising with co-producers, host venues, tutors
- Managing enrolments and communication with students
- Coordinating travel schedules, booking personal transport and accommodation
- Sourcing and organising teaching resources
- Social Media posting and development
- Setting up Facebook and Google Ads
- Dealing with correspondence
- General technical support / problem solving for our online systems
- Coordinating schedule
- Digital filing
- Developing crowd-funding campaigns such as Pozible and Patreon
- Research and writing applications for grants
- Using website analytics software such as Google Analytics and keyword analysis using programs such as Wordtracker and Google Adwords (desired but not essential)
- Graphic design of marketing materials (desired but not essential)
- Drafting marketing materials and advertising (I.e. Drafting e-posters/banners/tiles etc plus creating ads) (desired but not essential)
- Other ad-hoc administration tasks and project support as required
- Other personal assistant duties as required
- Curiosity and willingness to research and learn what you may not already know to be able to carry out new duties as required
- Computer access with a reliable internet connection
- Access to Mail or Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, Dropbox (ideally subscribed to receive large files) and skype
- You are honest and upfront with excellent communication skills
- You have great time management skills and are well organised which allows you to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a flexible and adaptable manner
- You have a strong attention to detail and any job you tackle you give it your all
- You demonstrate initiative by knowing where to find the training or other ways to fill the gaps in your knowledge and are always seeking out new and better ways to do things
- You’re very savvy on the Internet, and you’re interested in knowing about new programs or sites that can help grow our business
- You have highly developed written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills and are able to anticipate the needs and requirements of your fellow workers
- You are a fast learner, hard worker, enthusiastic, and have a can-do attitude
- You possess excellent computer skills and are adept at social media
- A sense of humour and curiosity are essential
- Initially based on a 10-hour working week, working 8 hours in office on Wednesdays, and 2 hours remotely – with a view to increasing hours as the work increases to a full time, higher position.
- Additional hours may be worked by agreement depending on a given week’s workload/deadlines but will be assessed on a case by case basis. To paid at the ordinary rate of pay.
- Paid a competitive Arts Admin wage of $22.95 per hour + 9.5% super
13th October 2019
APPLICATIONS PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV AND A COVER LETTER ADDRESSING THE JOB CRITERIA, ALONG WITH TWO REFEREES TO