The Advanced Audition Technique for Musical Theatre Course (or “The Advanced Course” for short) is run by musical theatre star and Australia’s leading teacher of audition technique for musical theatre, Queenie van de Zandt, who brings together Australia’s most experienced and respected musical theatre professionals to work exclusively with 20 talented performers!
Having studied audition technique for over 20 years, Queenie has developed a unique audition practice, that has helped her former students gain lead roles in shows such as The Sound of Music, Matilda, Singing in the Rain, and We Will Rock You. It is this success that has recently seen her hailed in the press as a ‘musical theatre star-maker’.
What makes The Advanced Course so unique, is that performers not only get to learn Queenie’s audition practice, they also get to work with, and be seen by, Australia’s leading musical theatre directors, choreographers and musical directors.
Previous years' graduates were lucky enough to work with extraordinary creative artists such as:
- Musical Director Max Lambert (King Kong, Miracle City, Hairspray)
- Choreographer Nathan M. Wright (Avenue Q, Xanadu, The Rocky Horror Picture Show - West End)
- Director Darren Yap (Mamma Mia, Miss Saigon, Miracle City)
- Choreographer John O’Connell (Strictly Ballroom, King Kong, Moulin Rouge)
- Director Craig Ilott (Velvet, Smoke & Mirrors, Hedwig & the Angry Inch)
- Director Stuart Maunder (Sweeney Todd, Into the Woods, Sunday in the Park with George)
The course also includes specialist industry master classes with top producers, casting agents, and high profile performers, with the course culminating in a public performance where graduates perform for invited industry guests as well as friends and family.
The 20 highly motivated and skilled performers selected for this course participate in:
- 9 one-day workshops held over 5 weekends
- As well as private, one-on-one tutorials with Queenie and one-on-one tutorials with the courses own Musical Director
- Culminating in a public performance with Queenie in front of invited industry guests
- Adding up to over 70 contact hours of tuition
- With 3 professional networking opportunities
- Working with 12 of the most influential and experienced creatives currently working in commercial musicals in Australia
- Participating in 4 specialty master classes
- Learning all the techniques and skills needed to audition successfully and get the parts that you want
- Receiving Queenie’s booklet on audition technique, two specialty CD’s to help overcome nerves and a professional industry certified C.V. template
- Auditioning for the people who cast commercial musicals in Australia
- With the possibility of being seen by top agents and the opportunity of being signed with them
- Graduating with an amazing audition-ready repertoire, including personalised backing tracks and sheet music for your new songs
- Leaving the course with a database of contacts including directors, theatre companies, producers, arts festivals, cabaret venues and much, much more
- Having mapped out your future as a successful, performing artist!
This will be the only Advanced Course that we will run this year, and there are only 20 places available, so don’t miss the opportunity to audition for this extraordinary course.