Audition Bootcamp for Kids was created by musical theatre star and Australia’s leading teacher of audition technique for musical theatre, Queenie van de Zandt. Having studied audition technique for over 20 years, Queenie has developed a unique audition practice, that has helped her former young students gain lead roles in shows such as The Sound of Music, Matilda, and Dream Lover. It is this success that has recently seen her hailed in the press as a ‘musical theatre star-maker’.
Through fun games, and singing, acting, and dance intensives, your talented tyke will learn all the skills needed to do successful auditions.
And like all of our workshops and courses at The Australian Musical Theatre Academy (AMTA), during the workshop they’ll be working with Australia’s leading performing and creative artists - the people who create and/or perform in Australia’s most prominent, commercial musicals.
Your child will leave the workshop:
- Having had an experience of what is involved in a professional audition and how they run
- Knowing how to prepare what they need to know to walk into an audition with confidence and ease
- Having worked with some of the Australia’s leading performers in, and creators of, professional musicals (there are 4 staff at every workshop)
- With new friends and a great attitude towards the whole experience of auditioning
- With a Certificate of Attendance to acknowledge their skill and brave participation
- With the edge they need to get the part!
Parents will leave the workshop:
- Having been sent an email with invaluable follow up material to help you navigate the logistics of having such a talented youngster such as Queenie’s e-book: “How to Audition for a Professional Musical” and research information on upcoming professional musicals starring children
- Having been entertained (and amazed) when you see the children’s presentation of all they’ve learnt, at the end of the workshop
- • Having been able to ask 101 questions of the team as part of the Q & A session at the end of the workshop